Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Elite HPE-590t
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I inherited the above name desktop PC from my brother and he had no documentation or backup media for it.  The hard drive failed and was not usable in trying to do a system recovery.  I replaced the original hard drive with a new one.  The old one had a 1.5TB capacity and I replaced it with 2TB hard drive.  I have a Windows 7 Installation DVD which I used to install the O/S on the new hard drive and it installed OK, but when it rebooted to finish the installation process, it reported that it could not complete the installation because it could not configure the O/S to my particular hardware setup.  I don't  know what that means.  Am I missing some drivers that it needs to complete the installation?  Using another PC, I logged in to the HP support website and found a list of drivers that are used in the HPE-590t computer so I downloaded them all to make sure I didn't miss anything.  The question now is how do I tell Windows that I have the drivers for this PC?  

Another question that comes to mind is, is there a way to obtain a copy of the HP Installation disk that normally comes with the computer when purchased?  Also, is it possible for a user to install the O/S on a brand new hard drive without the HP installation disk?

Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your time.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this works...

It is possible that W7 needs to have the sata controller driver for the chipset your PC has to complete the installation.

I have zipped up and attached below, the storage controller drivers for the chipset your PC has.

Using another working PC, download and unzip the attached file to its folder.

Copy all the files in the folder to a USB flash drive.  Just the files not the folder.

With the W7 x64 installation media in the PC, and the flash drive in the PC, boot from the W7 installation media.

When you get to the screen that asks 'where do you want to install windows, click on the Load Driver option at the bottom left side of the window.

Select the USB flash drive and W7 should see the files on there.  If you check the box, it will only install the compatible storage controller driver. 

Then proceed with the installation.

Hopefully, this time W7 will finish installing.

If that doesn't work, HP no longer sells recovery media for that model, but you can still order the factory HP recovery media from this vendor at the link below.

http://www.computersurgeons.com/p-20333-windows-7-64-bit-11na1mcw603-supp-4-recovery-kit-lv505av-for...

HP Recommended

Thanks for your prompt reply.  I can't locate the attachment you sent along with your reply.  Is it a link or is it attached to your email in my inbox?   Thanks.

HP Recommended

Never mind.  I just spotted the icon that shows the zip file.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.