Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop Tower, Intel Core i5-9400F, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop Tower, Intel Core i5-9400F, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 690-0073w

Wondering if I can change out/replace the LED Light Bar? Would like to change it to blue instead of the existing green.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Tararad Welcome to HP Community!

I looked up your product series 690-0073w and I'm afraid you cannot change the green color because that is a physical limitation of the 690 series, 

Nor is there an option to replace the LED light bar as such, you may be able to customize it at the local tech, however, that isn't recommended or supported by HP, and you may do it at your own discretion.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Tararad Welcome to HP Community!

I looked up your product series 690-0073w and I'm afraid you cannot change the green color because that is a physical limitation of the 690 series, 

Nor is there an option to replace the LED light bar as such, you may be able to customize it at the local tech, however, that isn't recommended or supported by HP, and you may do it at your own discretion.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks so much! Maybe that could be a suggestion for future builds. Seems like a simple thing to be able to do. I guess my son will have to live with it. 🤷🏼‍♀️

HP Recommended

@Tararad The pleasure is all mine,

And I hope both you and your son have an awesome day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have recently purchased an HP Pavilion Gaming computer model: 690-0073w.

I understand that the current light-bar is not controllable and I cannot change the green light.  I am interested in finding a replacement light-bar for the case to allow control of the light just as I can control the colors and lighting on my current mouse and keyboard so that everything matches to my choice of colors.  More plainly I would like to know if there is an upgrade or replacement hardware light-bar that I can purchase and install to accomplish this?  Much appreciated for any information.

HP Recommended

@Sapper3273 You may find 3rd party hardware that may allow you upgrade the light-bar as such, however, that isn't something we at HP support,

I hope you understand.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I hear you and understand. I was hoping others in the community might have gone through and done this, and would be willing to share their experience with a recommendation or suggestion on where to look, maybe a light-bar to look into and what replacement might involve.  I have gotten an affordable LED keyboard and mouse that I can customize the colors of and would like to synchronize my tower with them.  Thank you for your response!

HP Recommended

@Sapper3273 Alright, I wish you good luck in your research. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.