Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pav 510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently I got the Hard Disk Error Hard Disk 1 (3F1) which indicates an error from the hard disk, BUT when I hit

Ctrl-Alt-Del It is working and can be logged in .

I have tried the "Download tool" and have the USB hard drive but all failed.

Any ideas.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@FrankieYep 

What do you mean by "it all failed" -- what are you trying to do?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

WaWood

Thanks for the prompt reply.

My "All" might not include all solutions and the possible one you are going to provide.

I have tried sfc/chkdsk/USB hard drive(MS Download tool) functions. (F2 functions all passed)

Here I would like to ask if that HP routine testing might be corrupted !? That's why the following Ctrl-Alt-Del successfully boots the computer as normal.

Any ideas ?

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

@FrankieYep 

This error is almost always caused b\y filesystem corruption on the hard drive -- which might NOT be found using the diagnostics because those search for hardware failures.  So at least the GOOD news, is that your drive checks out in terms of hardware.

You also took the next logical step and did an SFC -- and, apparently it did NOT find any errors -- which contradicts the 3F1 error message.

What I would suggest is that you read through this thread from the community Win10 forums about additional SFC tests you can perform, as those might find (and fix) the problems:  https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2895-run-sfc-command-windows-10-a.html

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

At least I see some lights from an HP expert.

Would come back to report.

Thanks!!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.