Level 2
21 16 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP Pavilion Windows 10 Hard disk error

HP Recommended
Pav 510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently I got the Hard Disk Error Hard Disk 1 (3F1) which indicates an error from the hard disk, BUT when I hit

Ctrl-Alt-Del It is working and can be logged in .

I have tried the "Download tool" and have the USB hard drive but all failed.

Any ideas.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,601 32,501 2,956 7,260
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@FrankieYep 

What do you mean by "it all failed" -- what are you trying to do?

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
FrankieYep
Author
Level 2
21 16 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WaWood

Thanks for the prompt reply.

My "All" might not include all solutions and the possible one you are going to provide.

I have tried sfc/chkdsk/USB hard drive(MS Download tool) functions. (F2 functions all passed)

Here I would like to ask if that HP routine testing might be corrupted !? That's why the following Ctrl-Alt-Del successfully boots the computer as normal.

Any ideas ?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,601 32,501 2,956 7,260
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@FrankieYep 

This error is almost always caused b\y filesystem corruption on the hard drive -- which might NOT be found using the diagnostics because those search for hardware failures.  So at least the GOOD news, is that your drive checks out in terms of hardware.

You also took the next logical step and did an SFC -- and, apparently it did NOT find any errors -- which contradicts the 3F1 error message.

What I would suggest is that you read through this thread from the community Win10 forums about additional SFC tests you can perform, as those might find (and fix) the problems:  https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2895-run-sfc-command-windows-10-a.html

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
FrankieYep
Author
Level 2
21 16 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

At least I see some lights from an HP expert.

Would come back to report.

Thanks!!!!!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation