Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting back to me 🙂  I've put it all away for now, I was trying to send a facebook reply on a post and it froze on me and that was the end of the line for me messin with it.  Next month I can have it looked at and let someone else handle it.  I have my new laptop set up again, and was just figuring the best way to back up from Macrium.  It won't let me just make a folder without the Macrium Premium so I'm on here now looking for free alternatives. 

I do hope the RAM and SSD drive I bought, I think about a year ago now, are not damaged but it won't be the end of the world.  I really like my HP Laptop with Windows 11 and I'm already pretty much used to it 😉

Thanks again for all your help, I was hoping I'd see you and you're still my fave online support so if I have any issues with my laptop, I shall be back 😉 Denise

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Denise.

Hopefully it is not something too expensive to fix.

Paul

HP Recommended

hey Paul, took my PC down for them to look at it, at the only shop in town.  I have it home already.  They guy that did the "diagnosis" was gone, but another guy told me that the tech. got a Beep error, whatever that is, 3 short beeps and 2 long he explained it.  Anyway, no BSOD, but what he actually "did" for the 30 bucks was take out the RAM and make sure that was all checked and after that all seemed to run fine. 

I guess I'll find out over the weekend.  If anything goes wrong, they won't charge me to look at it again.  Thought I'd let you know if you were curious.  I have to watch for error codes on blue screens or elsewhere, which I am hoping don't happnen, 😉

Denise😁

HP Recommended

Hooked up the PC this a.m. and got the Beep Error (that's what the shop called it)  3 long beeps, then shorter I think 2.  It's was fainter, so I'm not sure on the last beeps.  Also, I noticed when it was trying to boot, my HDMI was not connecting that goes to the monitor.  I haven't tried to start it again, too angry since I had to pay them 30 dollars and they had the thing all day and didn't fix it.  I also found we have 3 other shops in town I'll check out.  A lot of our businesses "went out of biz) during Covid but I'll see what I can find.

I'll also look up Beep Errors, or codes and see what I can find.  Any input welcome, Denise

HP Recommended

hi

HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code | HP® Customer Support

This condition indicates a potential memory failure.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I just opened the Tower, and it was so dusty, I cleaned it out.  I can't believe I was charged 30 bucks and they never even blew the dust out. It's now running, but I need to find out if there are tests I can run to see if Processor is working properly, and also Graphics card. If there isn't, I've found one article that tells me I need to get inside and also check to see if the Processor is clean, and is fit into slot correctly.  Also the Graphics card.

I can do that but if all else fails, I'll have to take it to another shop because I can take it back on Monday to the same shop for it to be diagnosed at no charge since they didn't find what was wrong first time.  I honestly don't trust them to "fix" my computer so I hope if I do let them look at again, I can fix it myself, whatever, if anything, they find next time. 😞

HP Recommended

Btw, this is the RAM I bought Nov. 2021.  There shouldn't be a problem with that as the guy did take it out, reinserted it etc.  I didn't understand what all he said, spoke to fast, and I could hardly understand him.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NKYM62D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

HP Recommended

I thought it would be good after suffering along through the "repair" of my Win 10 Gaming computer, to let anyone reading the thread know that I found the problem, and I do believe it was THE main problem.

I had to replace all my microsoft visual +C files.  That fixed it after trying what seemed like a dozen other "fixes" that didn't work and I almost gave up.  Couldn't afford a good Computer Shop, so that would have been it for me and my PC.

I found an article and I am sorry I don't have the link but I can tell you I had 3 long beeps and a black screen, the PC would not boot up at all, couldn't get anywhere, until I finally somehow got to my desktop again.  I used my laptop to search and found the MS Visual C++ articles, and downloads.  I did notice in the File Explorer I had about half the MS Visuals I should have had so did the complete delete, then replace with all new MS Visual files.

I haven't had one issue with the PC since I did this, and since I last posted on this thread.  I'm not smart enough to know the whys, but it worked 😉 Denise

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.