Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - 550-130z CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Desktop has been getting slower and slower.  I tried to reinstall Microsoft Edge, but it got hung up . Tried to restart computer, but it gets hung up on please wait and won’t restart.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Your system specs indicate 16gb, excellent CPU and 7200 RPM drive.   If your system was customized and has, for example, only 4gb of memory the that could be problem.

The "please wait" could simply be that a window 10 feature update is attempting to install.  Interrupting an update can be a problem.  I am not privy to microsofts update mechanism but I suspect attempting to reinstall edge can mess with an update.

Could also be a hard drive problem.  

Can the system boot up?  Possibly 15 minutes of looking at "please wait" is OK but after an hour or three with no indication of hard drive activity then you need to boot into safe mode and try to do a repair.   Post back here in that case.

I am a retired Principal Analyst, and a community volunteer.
If you find this post useful click the YES button
If I helped solve your problem please mark this as a solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.