Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ProDesk 600 G3 MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Attempting to download OS and drivers for reinstall.  Receive error, failed to download image.  I have included the errors within the log:

[ERROR] 2020-05-13 11:13:05 DownloadManagerAWS [6364] TransferObject - hashes don't match.  Expected [], Actual []

[ERROR] 2020-05-13 11:13:06 AppLogicManager [6364] DownloadFiles - Download failed for file: os/

I used this USB flash drive once already successfully for another HP Prodesk 600 without issue.  Have re-format the USB three different times and receive the same error when attempting to download.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Try a new/different USB stick.

Also check in the HP Bios to see if (on the machine you are working-on) the legacy2 and USB2 options are enabled.

Check the computer specs/try different USB ports. Not all are USB2 (use the one/those that are).

Finally - Windows 10x (get tired of saying this) has functionality issues in its USB, PCI-Bridge, and other drivers. "Update" makes no difference, until MicroSoft fix the problem.

This is a MicroSoft/Windows 10 issue - not any failing or flaw in your HP unit.

Cheers,

Rick

HP Recommended

@johntech73
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Do I have to have a USB or disk to reinstall I feel like I deleted it when I went in and thought I knew about computers

HP Recommended

So I just need to know if is there a way that I can recover anything because I feel like I had went in and erase everything and I don't have USB or disk to use so I feel like there's a way that I can go into the system and I wish I could just talk to somebody personally

HP Recommended

@Dreamerrachel1

Thank you for posting back.

To get the answer to this question, yes! You need a USB flash drive to create OS image.  I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.