Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

The files on the Recovery partition (E:)RECOVERY on my computer hard drive was deleted. I've downloader with the HP Cloud Recovery Tool the Recovery Software for my system on a USB Drive.

I Want to format the partition (E:)RECOVERY that is on my computer hard drive so I can copy the Recovery Software that is on the USB Drive to this drive. Is this possible and if so can someone please help me?!?

Thank you for your help!

Gardouche

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I don't think you can copy only the Recovery partition located in the recovery image you downloaded from the cloud.

The cloud recovery image on USB media would wipe your existing Windows installation on your PC's HDD. It would also install a new HP factory image on your HDD.

So you should back up data before running the HP USB installation media.

You really don't need the HDD HP Recovery partition.

Windows 10 has many baked in recovery options.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello!

Thank you for your answer. I don't have the intention of using the USB Drive for the moment since my system is working well. 

I only wanted to get back the (E:)RECOVERY partition and its contents. Its actually located on the (D:) Drive, my second hard disk. Windows is on my (C:) Drive, SSD Hard Disk. But since you say it's not worth the trouble I will then format the (E:) and get back the 17Go it's taking for nothing. It's located on my (D:) Drive my hard disk of 1 To with all my personal data.

Will I have problems to wipe the partition? How to I do so? Thank you again for answering!

Gardouche

HP Recommended

Hi Gardouche,

You're very welcome.

Try Windows Disk Management located in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Computer Management.

You should be able remove the "E" partition and combine the unallocated disk space with your primary operating system partition. This depends on how many storage devices you have and where HP placed the Recovery partition.

You should be able to recover the unused HP Recovery partition disk space to either Disk0 or Disk1.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello!

Thank  you for your reply! I will do has you suggested.

I have another question! When the recovery partition was deleted I lost all my HP Programs at lease most of them. I've got HP Support Assistant, HP Hardware Diagnostic and HP Support Solution Framework. Some of the ones I'm missing for exemple : HP  Display Control was useful. It came with certain fonctions for the display of my computer that I no longer have. I guess there on the USB Drive of the Recovery Software I downloaded? I don't want to reinstall all my system, is there a way to get them back?

Thanks again for your help!

Gardouche

HP Recommended

Hi Gardouche,

Some HP software is only available on the USB Recovery media.

You would have to check your PC's Software and driver download site to see what HP has available for download.

You have not provided a specific HP product number so I don't know what software downloads HP is providing. 

You may have to do an HP system recovery using USB media if you want all HP software that came with your PC from the factory.

You have to back up data if you do a HP factory recovery.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello again!

I've been on the HP site and the only program available are the ones I've mentioned and HP Cool Control. There is also all the drivers but I'm up to date since I've got HP Support Assistant installed.
What are the HP Product Number you are talking about?
Not sure I want to install everything again, not talking about HP Programs but all the others and backing up all my data again! 

Big Job 🙂

Thanks for your help!

Gardouche

HP Recommended

Hi,

Don't need a product number if you can check your HP PC's Support options.

You're very welcome.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.