Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 22-c0039 All In One Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can someone help me with this please?  The HP Support Assistant Icon at the bottom of my computer is showing a red colored 1 and when I click it it says "Important Action Needed".  

Then when I go into my HP settings it shows no messages available and that Software & Drivers are up-to-date having been updated earlier today.  

Perhaps this 1 Action Needed message will disappear after I do my before-bed shutdown on my computer?  Thanks for any help someone can offer me.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Willow1949,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the HP support assistant icon shows notifications however, when you open HP support assistant there are no notifications.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you uninstall HP support assistant from your computer and then download and install it from the below link and check if it helps.

https://www8.hp.com/in/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_in/en/any/psg/p...

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Willow1949,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the HP support assistant icon shows notifications however, when you open HP support assistant there are no notifications.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you uninstall HP support assistant from your computer and then download and install it from the below link and check if it helps.

https://www8.hp.com/in/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_in/en/any/psg/p...

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks very much, Fossette, for your suggestion.  I'm a bit afraid to uninstall the HP Support Assisant and then download it because I'm not at all swift when it comes to computers.  But I'll recheck your suggestion if this continues on.  I think that what may happen is that when I get notifications from HP Support Assistant for things like installations and after I click into them that the exclamation mark will disappear.  Remains to be seen, eh 😉  Have a great 2020!  

HP Recommended

@Willow1949,

You're welcome!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Here's something interesting I just found when I went into the HP Virtual Agent seeking help.  It said ~  Not all updates are necessary, some are simply recommended.  You do not have to download and install all updates.  However, if you do not, the exclamation mark will continue to show on the HP Support Assistant Icon.  

I'm not comfortable installing "optional" updates because I had so many problems with my previous computer so I like to keep it simple.  I only use my computer for emailing and doing Google Searches.  And I don't use any audio my being hearing impaired.

Any feedback, Fossette?  Thank-you.  

HP Recommended

@Willow1949

Thank you for the information.

Let me explain the driver's updates are very important. On your computer hardware parts needs a proper driver. 

I would suggest you keep update the windows update and HP support assistance drivers update.

If you are unable to update the driver's update from the HP support assistance. You can manually visit our HP website and download the drivers and update them.

I hope you understand.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Thanks very much for your suggestions, Praveen.  I'll do that ~ keep the windows update and HP Support Assistant updated.  

HP Recommended

@Willow1949

You are most welcome.

In the future, If you have any other concerns. Please get back to us. We will assist you.

Cheers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.