Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Is the HP Support Assistant program only for while you PC is still under warranty.  My Support Assistant will not update.  I have reinstalled it twice and run the program as administrator, but it will not update.  The Virtual Assistant keeps wanting the serial number to check the warranty, but it is out from under warranty.  So, will it not update because it is out of warranty?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

HP Support Assistant will not provide updates if there are no HP updates available for your PC.

The warranty status of your PC is irrelevant.

Regards

HP Recommended

Checking for updates- it goes through the process up to a point, and then will not finish.  This is in checking for updates- it will not tell me whether there are or are not any updates.  During the 'checking for updates' everything gets a green check up to the last two items, but the last two items (Analyzing your system and Preparing a list) gets a black X as not completed.  I ran systems diagnostics and found no problems, yet it will not finish processing the update check.  I have reinstalled it twice and run it as an administrator, but it still will not finish the 'checking for updates' process.  Thanks for any help anyone may have.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.