Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
T620
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Has someone successfully updated Windows on a WES8 OS?

When attempting it manually, it says I cannot update as it's controlled by the administrator. I don't have a WSUS Server to use. I am trying to troubleshoot an issue, updating Windows Embedded 8 Standard will let us know if an update is required or not, please help!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@LukeUK 

Windows Embedded is NOT a consumer Windows OS -- which is why it is insisting on WSUS as those are generally administered by IT departments.  IF this is a personal PC, then you are likely stuck with this problem.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I'm aware Embedded isn't a consumer OS, this is for a Thin Client (T620) in a corporate setting, we have around 3500 Thin Clients globally running a mix of WES8 and Win10 IoT.

We are having an issue running Cisco's JVDI Client, specifically 12.9 and our Citrix environment using JVDI Agent 12.9 (Jabber Client also 12.9).

We are getting audio drops on WES8 Thin Clients only.

Cisco suggested we upgrade the Thin Client as much as possible to rule out any patches from Windows fixing the issue. We do not use WSUS, we use Altiris and is not currently an option to update them. Again, THIS is for troubleshooting, I was hoping for an easier way than manually installing 700 updates. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.