Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Touchsmart 610

Our HP Touchsmart 610 All in one desktop will not display. Once you reboot it or hard reset it, the screen stays black. The desktop makes the disc eject noise like it normally does once it starts but there's still nothing displaying on the screen. The  light blue light also turns on. I've hard reset it, tried to reset the BIOS, and searched all questions and answers and troubleshooting errors and nothing has resolved the issue. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@I2ecover Welcome to HP Forums Community!

• Which OS do you have on your PC?
  • Does this mean the black screen appears before or after the HP Logo? I'm curious since you tried the BIOS reset.
    • Also, here's the step by step guide on how to get that done: Click here

Meanwhile, If the screen does not display a picture or Windows does not start properly, follow these steps to resolve the issue:

Step 1: Performing a hard reset to resolve a blank screen issue

Completely resetting the computer can resolve many issues that cause a blank screen. Follow these steps to perform a hard reset:

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and media cards.

3. Disconnect the AC power adapter.

4. Press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds.

5. Reconnect the AC power adapter.

6. Turn on the computer.

If the blank screen issue is resolved, you are done.

If the screen is still blank, continue with the next step to listen for computer beeps and look at the lights.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 2 ONWARD (steps work for both Windows 8 & 10)

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey, we were on windows 10. It’s been out for about a year though. There is no logo that shows up on the screen, just a blank screen for a year now. I just tried the hard reset and it did not resolve our issue. Thanks.

HP Recommended

@I2ecover
This sounds like hardware related issue with the desktop. Hence, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/ Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.