Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP/Compaq Pro 6200 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have a problem that I have been trying to fix for a while. I bought a refurbished Workstation. The workstation is an HP/Compaq Pro 6200.  Whenever I start the computer the fans spin up to the max. No input is displayed on the monitor.  The HDD LED does not turn on. After exactly a minute the fans spin down to normal, The HDD LED is lit, and input is displayed in the monitor. I tried switching out the RAM for new RAM. It did not work. I'm wondering if it could be the motherboard or the PSU. If it was the motherboard shouldn't there be more problems arising than just powering on? Everything works after it powers on normally. The only other problem is the two bottom front USB ports do not function at all. The top two work. I'm thinking it is a faulty USB hub. Now If the two bottom ports do not work shouldn't the other two not work as well? If someone could help me out that would be great.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi

I would not rule out the CPU.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.