Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Z640 Workstation
Microsoft Windows Server 2019

Hello,

I have an issue with my HP Z640 related to Secure Boot.  I just installed Windows Server 2019 Standard and noticed that, despite having the secure boot settings in the BIOS (v2.57) set to 'disable legacy and enable secure boot', Windows was reporting that secure boot is not currently enabled.  I've verified that the installation of Windows Server 2019 is on a GPT disk and has an EFI partition, so why is it that the machine will not use secure boot?  Is it related to secure boot keys at all?  I don't see an option in the BIOS to enroll the OS key in secure boot settings.  Below are some images for context.

Windows shows Secure Boot offWindows shows Secure Boot offSecure Boot enabled in BIOSSecure Boot enabled in BIOS

I would love to hear ideas on how I could go about solving this issue.  Thanks in advance for your time!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.