Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP al in one

my 18/12 old HP all in one runs at snails pace .

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Failing or defective hardware can cause this problem, assuming that at one time the PC preformed at an acceptable level.

Also malware infections are a real thing and can cause similar symptoms.

First you need to determine, thru testing, if the hardware is good.  You can run the diagnostics routine to test hardware by doing the following:

To run the Diagnostics routine, start tapping the Esc key and then press the start button.
Keep tapping the Esc key until a popup menu shows. Then pick Diagnostics from that popup menu, F2.
Report back with the results.

You also need to post the complete model number of the  PC and the OS that is installed now and what was installed when the PC was new.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Your suggestions have helped but it’s still quite slow when I restart 

HP Recommended

I'm Sorry.  So what did you actually do from the suggestions?  Did the diagnostics give a report?

How about the malware scan? What did it tell you and what software did you use?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.