DJxD
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP envy reset help

HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I for the last couple of days have been trying to reset my computer but every time I have failed with a message saying "there was a problem resetting your pc no changes were made". I have no idea how to fix this i watch youtube videos explaining how to fix it tried those and didn't work. I even tried to install a new Windows 10 version but said it could not mount whatever that means. Can someone please help me fix this issue that I'm having?

3 REPLIES 3
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,787 6,736 639 1,531
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

What's happening? Why are you trying to reset the PC?

You can't reset Windows 10 and you can't install Windows 10 clean on the current HDD.

I would look at trying to install W10 clean on a known good replacement HDD or SSD.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
DJxD
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm trying to factory reset the pc but It always says the same error message. Some Youtbue video said that getting a new version of Windows 10 would help. I just can't get the computer to reset, it ALWAYS has the error message

Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,787 6,736 639 1,531
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I thought you tried installing a newer version of Windows 10 but the W10 installer could not mount the HDD.

This suggests you have a hardware problem or malware.

Go here (Link) to create W10 installation media. Try again. Try a new storage disk.

Run HP Diagnostics (Link) to check hardware.  You did not provide a product number, don't know the age of your PC. Your PC could have UEFI diagnostics or Vision diagnostics.

Regards

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation