Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Probook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, my computer crashed and hp wanted me to recover the windows partition. I cannot boot into any version of windows, whether it be safemode or normal because it is stuck in the HP Software Installatioan command window. I have no commands that I can use to try to restart the installation, and my usb boot drive is not working. I have coursework due in 4 hours. I have installed the ISO boot files onto a usb drive, and it is not booting directly from the usb drive as it should.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Managed to figure out how to hard-boot past the hp installation screen, installing windows now, will see what happens.

HP Recommended

And now I no longer have access to the original C: drive as that was what HP was trying to format.... Ugh, this is a pain.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.