Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Elitedesk 800 G1 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I have a business deskto which harddisk I recently upgraded to a SSD. However, I hadn't made a disk clone because it was quite a mess on my old disk. Therefore I decided to start again with a clean windows installation. 

That meant that I simultaneously lost a HP programs. Most programs can you fortunately download from HP's drivers page. The recovery manager on the contrary is not downloadable from HP's website. 

So my question is, can someone provide me with the installer or software of the recovery manager? 

Can someone make for my pc recovery media?

I am looking forward to your answers.

Any help would really be appreciated!

Kind regares,

Pieter

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi, Pieter:

Once the recovery manager software and partition is gone, it is gone for good.

There are no recovery manager downloads for your model.

But once you get your SSD set up the way you want it with all of your programs and files installed, why not use a free disk imaging software utility such as Macrium Reflect?

https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree

Get a portable USB hard drive, and you can periodically make system images and store them on the portable hard drive.

Macrium Reflect will also have you make a bootable rescue USB flash drive or DVD, which you use to access the image you save on the portable hard drive.

Then Macrium will restore the image you select, and you should be right back in business.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.