Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP PAVILION 500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

PAVILION 500, Windows 10: I have a HP update that keeps trying to install every week and it's the same program that has already been installed. Every since this program have been installed I think my PC has become more "unstable" thus taking a much longer time to load up. I did a WINDOWS Reliability and Maintenance Test and when this program was installed the Stability Index is significantly lower.  Can I delete this update OR will it try to re-install again. I'M GUESSING THAT THIS UPDATE IS MY PROBLEM. I NOTICED OTHER USERS HAVE A SIMILIAR PROBLEM. I NEED SOME HELP ON HOW TO PROCEED. Thank you.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you believe that update is causing an issue, download the Hide Windows Update utility.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hide-windows-updates-or-driver-updates-5df410a1-90f7-b74...

Uninstall the update, restart the PC, run the hide windows update utility.

It should show the update and you check the box to hide the update and that will prevent it from reinstalling unless you run the utility again and select the option to unhide the update and check the box to unhide it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.