Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
AIO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My AIO has been in an HP authorized service center, apparently for a total system failure, since Jan 6.  The service center is still waiting for one more part which should arrive July 30th.  The computer was less than 6mo old when I took it in.  My question is whether HP would extend or restart my warranty for the trouble and since they have had it longer than I have.  If so, who do I contact about that?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello
I am indeed afraid that it is not done automatically ..
For me, it was a little different, because there had been some problems, I will not go into details ...
But I complained afterwards, I was then asked if the 6 month extension was right for me!
If I hadn't complained, I don't think it would have changed
But it goes back a few years and in France.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Since you have been in contact with the HP Service Centre, I suggest that you ask them.

My hope is that you "exercised" the HP Warranty while it still was valid, and HP will honour the warranty, as of the date that you opened the warranty claim.

HP Recommended

Please read the questions and answers
user, sent his computer under warranty

"The computer was less than 6mo old when I took it in"

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

The service center is in Puerto Rico and they can't tell me anything about that.

HP Recommended

Also, I contacted HP directly and they suggested making a public post instead of responding to my concerns, which is troubling.

HP Recommended

I feel like I bought a lemon, as the service center had to replace every part of the machine other than the case.  I think HP should step up and make it right.  Does HP read these posts?  Case ID: [Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

I guess I am not authorized to post my case ID.  Just wondering if anyone from HP reads these posts?  I tried posting on their FB a while back too, and was told that since I purchased the computer from a store and did not purchase it direcly from HP that it really wasn't their problem!  Awesome customer service isn't it?  How in the world can they justify taking over half a year to repair a computer?  It looks like this level of service would lose HP a lot of customers over the years.

HP Recommended

If you have indicated personal information, you can edit the message, and delete, do not give anything in public
Sorry, for what is happening to you, unfortunately I can not do anything about it ..
And not the services concerned, do not take care of the forum here.
However, in some cases, an agent may be called upon to help!
I do not promise you anything I flag the message, an agent may come to contact you, that's all I can do!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.