1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

HP wont download drivers etc.

HP Recommended
Pavilion 510-p010 Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Pavilion won't download drivers or any other software from the driver support page. I can tell it to download a driver and the pop up comes down saying install and I press it; no thing happens. I've tried to email the list and that does not work either!  

I've tried three browsers and all is the same ; nothing,

Please Help,

Clark

4 REPLIES 4
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,395 30,302 2,769 6,698
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@cd37000 

I tried a few drivers at random -- and I had no problems downloading any of them.

When you click the download link from the drivers page, another page should open with guidance on how to find the downloaded file in your browser and then clicking on that file to run it.

There should be no immediate prompt to run the file because it takes a while to download it.  If that is happening, you have your Browser set to Execute the files, now download them -- and that will not work because the files have to be downloaded locally to your PC before being executed.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
stevecomputer
Level 5
321 318 11 52
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you add blockers active? Did you try another browser? Have you the latest Java installed? If you can see the name of the driver, ie sp12345.exe, you can look that up online and find an alternative, usually ftp, download for it.

0 Kudos
Hibb1
Level 6
463 463 38 87
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try right clicking on the 'download' link and click 'save link as'

The HP site now re-directs you another page when you click download. Maybe your browser(s) are blocking the other pop up page.

Personally I find this annoying when you need to download multiple drivers. I use the right click method now without any issues.

Hibb1_0-1613169682045.png

0 Kudos
stevecomputer
Level 5
321 318 11 52
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you install HP's own update utility /software  it should do all at once for you if that is what you require.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation