Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 510-p010 Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Pavilion won't download drivers or any other software from the driver support page. I can tell it to download a driver and the pop up comes down saying install and I press it; no thing happens. I've tried to email the list and that does not work either!  

I've tried three browsers and all is the same ; nothing,

Please Help,

Clark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Have you add blockers active? Did you try another browser? Have you the latest Java installed? If you can see the name of the driver, ie sp12345.exe, you can look that up online and find an alternative, usually ftp, download for it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@cd37000 

I tried a few drivers at random -- and I had no problems downloading any of them.

When you click the download link from the drivers page, another page should open with guidance on how to find the downloaded file in your browser and then clicking on that file to run it.

There should be no immediate prompt to run the file because it takes a while to download it.  If that is happening, you have your Browser set to Execute the files, now download them -- and that will not work because the files have to be downloaded locally to your PC before being executed.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Have you add blockers active? Did you try another browser? Have you the latest Java installed? If you can see the name of the driver, ie sp12345.exe, you can look that up online and find an alternative, usually ftp, download for it.

HP Recommended

Try right clicking on the 'download' link and click 'save link as'

The HP site now re-directs you another page when you click download. Maybe your browser(s) are blocking the other pop up page.

Personally I find this annoying when you need to download multiple drivers. I use the right click method now without any issues.

Hibb1_0-1613169682045.png

HP Recommended

If you install HP's own update utility /software  it should do all at once for you if that is what you require.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.