Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Re: HP All-in-One 24-f0041a, recently given to me about two years since purchase; I noted on my browser several people stating the same model too slow since purchase. Same here with this one, even when disk was re-formatted made no difference. My regular desktop running Windows 10 about six years old, is twice to three times faster, also my little HP notebook leaves them both for dead, so to speak. Just browsing online I don't see any solution to  this problem. Help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

According to the spec page that model does have  One M.2 socket 3, 2280 type for SSD.  By adding a M.2 drive and moving the Windows OS to that might give enough of a speed boost to help.  About the only other possibility is adding memory but 8GB is usually sufficient for just web browsing.  If you do that, be sure to match what memory is already installed.

• Supports the following:
    • PC4-17000 (DDR4-2133)
  • Supports 2 GB, 4 GB, 8 GB DDR4 SODIMMs

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks, good info, but guess I'll keep it as a second computer for the time being, eventually will have to buy a new one as these computers will not run Windows 11 according to Microsoft. Cheers.

HP Recommended

You are welcome.  Glad to help. 

Yes, that computer probably is not going to able to run Windows 11, if it is struggling withe Windows 10 and the CPU is not upgrade able.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.