3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP400 keeps shutting down

HP Recommended
HP400
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

My HP400 computer has been having issue where when I turn it on and start a video game my monitor and computer shut down. I've had this issue for months so i've been using my laptop ever since. When I open the task manager my cpu hits about 90-100 percent. I reinstalled windows several times but nothing. I've tried almost everything. 

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,773 32,673 2,975 7,303
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Adam00 

Reinstalling Windows to attempt to fix this was possible the WORST thing you could have done!  Why?

Because Windows Update will then kick in, find out you have HUNDREDS of downloads to do, and tie up your PC for HOURS, if not DAYS, trying to download and install over 200 Windows Updates -- and that is if it does not FAIL during some of them, which it probably Will, and will then attempt to do those again and again.  This will run your processor(s) and disk usage to 100% while it is doing this over and over, and render your PC unusable!

If it is possible, to find out the problem, you would need to be able run hardware diagnostics by pressing the Esc key repeatedly and then, when the HP Startup Menu appears, select Diagnostics (usually F2) and let it run.

If it is NOT possible, or if that does not work, then there is NOTHING more you can do by yourself -- and there is NOTHING we can do because we have no way of accessing your PC from here to run diagnostics or repair hardware.

You will need to have the PC physically examined in a service facility by folks that can run their own diagnostics to determine what is wrong with it.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation