cpernu
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hard drive not detected (f30 error)

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 500-164(with modifications)
Other

I am trying to install windows on a used computer, but keep getting the hard drive not detected(F30) error.

I tried using the "diskpart" command to find the drive but could not.

I then tried running hard drive diagnostics, but it said hard drive diagnostics were not installed.

Any idea what could be wrong?

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,462 30,369 2,775 6,706
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@cpernu 

This is a desktop, right -- so open the case and confirm that the 2TB SATA drive that came with this PC is still there.  And while you're at it, confirm that both the data cable and power cable are connected to the drive.

If all of that is OK, then reboot your PC, pressing the ESC key repeatedly, and when the HP Startup Menu appears, select the option to run diagnostics (usually F2).

If there are no Diagnostics available, then the previous owner likely trashed the BIOS and you bought a dead PC.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation