Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
860-039nb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a serious issue when booting my PC, it pops-up with a blue screen telling me that there is an error "Harddisk Error 3F4".

It tells me to press F2 and scan, when I do so it finds no errors.

I downloaded Crystal Disk and it seems there is no issue. The weird thing is that it boots after I press F2 and exit the scan screen again.

I am a bit worried, has someone a solution?

Fyi:

- Nothing changed on my PC (Hardware or Software)

- The SSD (Samsung Evo 860) runs perfectly for 1,5 year now

- All drivers are up to date

- Tried different connections on the MB, all resulting in the error

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
can you confirm ?
is this model:

HP ENVY Phoenix 860-039nb Desktop PC Product Specifications
If yes, it is said to have an SSD and a "classic" hard drive, you only mention the SSD, the hard drive so has it also been tested?

The SSD (Samsung Evo 860) runs perfectly for 1,5 year now

it is a replacement? maybe replaces the original hard drive, the SSD (256 GB 3D Solid State) ?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes it is the correct model. I made a modification regarding the SSD. I moved the 256 gb down and made the Samsung SSD 860 evo to primary and installed the OS on it.

It worked fine till yesterday, nothing changed since then but it now gives the annoying error. I can close it and it runs ok afterwards but i am a bit worried that de EVO is having an issue. 

HP Recommended

In this case, are you sure it's the EVo?
If yes :
have you checked if it is not yet guaranteed at least ?
I strongly advise you to save your personal data.

and contact samsung

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/memory-storage/solid-state-drives/ssd-860-evo-2-5--sata-iii-500...

Boosted endurance

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.