Cavalier117
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Hi, when I turn on the computer it boots straight to HP QuickWeb

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion DV6
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi all, after running a few bits to help Windows 7 run faster, I now find when I turn on the computer it boots straight to HP QuickWeb instead of Windows 7. I don't know the pass word for QuickWeb as I've never seen it come up before.  I have tried using the esc, f1, f2 and f11 to try and get into the Bios but none of these options work, just boots to QuicWeb. I'm really stuck now.

thanks

Cavalier117

2 REPLIES 2
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,944 4,878 538 2,145
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
and what did you do .. modify exactly, to get there?
You indicate "I have tried using the esc, f1, f2 and f11 to try and get into the Bios but none of these options work,"
Nothing is happening at all, is that it?
The pc turns off completely, tap the key several times after pressing the start button, it still does not work?

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
Cavalier117
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, the problem is solved now I think. On my laptop there seems to be 2 power on buttons next to each other, one turns on the computer and boots to Windows, the other buttons boots to HP quickWeb. Before I had run various ideas, viewed on Utube, of how to speed up windows 7, I could use either of the 2 power buttons to log onto Windows. Now it seems that the left button logs onto Windows, the right button logs onto QuickWeb. 

I have sucsessfuly upgraded to Windows 10 now and all seems to be well.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation