Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Tower PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Guys,

My PC specs as below:

- HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Tower PC FreeDOS Intel® Core™ i7-8700 with Intel® HD Graphics 630 (3.2 GHz base frequency, up to 4.6 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB cache, 6 cores)

- HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Tower Platinum 250W Chassis

- 16 GB (2x8 GB) DDR4-2400 Unbuffered Memory

- 256 GB Turbo Drive G2 TLC NVMe M.2 SSD (PCIe)

I have bought 1 Intel Optane 16GB + 1 HDD Western Digital Blue 500GB 3.5" SATA 3 for replacing the M.2 SSD. 

Installed windows into the HDD, and driver for Intel Optane, enable in the HP bios for configuring Intel Optane. 

The windows cannot start. I've tried re-install much time but no result. 

Did I miss some step or wrong config?

Thanks

Jacky

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JackyCuong 

Please try

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023989/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-m...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JackyCuong wrote:

.... I have bought 1 Intel Optane 16GB + 1 HDD Western Digital Blue 500GB 3.5" SATA 3 for replacing the M.2 SSD. 

Installed windows into the HDD, and driver for Intel Optane, enable in the HP bios for configuring Intel Optane. 

@JackyCuong 

From my view, you are making a good machine to a lower specs machine. Your machine already has - 256 GB Turbo Drive G2 TLC NVMe M.2 SSD (PCIe). If you wish to add more storage, why not simply add 500GB or even 1TB of HDD or HDD. You are wasting money now.

Just ignore Optane, your existning M.2 NVMe SSD will run better that Optane. Now simply add 500GB HDD for storage.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for advising me. 

Actually, this is my testing on how to get intel Optane work on my computer. If it works I would consider buying another NEW PC that contains Intel Optane and HDD only. 

- 1TB SSD vs (1 Intel Optane 16GB + 1TB HDD). I think SSD is not cheaper than so far. Just my thought.

Thanks.

Jacky

HP Recommended

@JackyCuong 

Please try

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023989/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-m...

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.