Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is a long discussion but let me explain: Recently, I finally decided to try Win 11 (big mistake). After two days I tried to go back to Win 10. I went through all the steps but at the end it said my computer needed a repair. So I had to RESET my computer (595 Pavillion) to April of 2019 with a usb recovery drive that I created when comp was new. I was not overly concerned because I had Backed up my System Image with EaseUS Todo each week to an external HD. But then I found out that for some reason  the backup HD would not boot. So when  I copied the backup to my C drive I could not boot my computer would not boot. You guessed it, I had toRESET my computer again. HELP; Is there any way I can make my Backup drive bootable? Please and Thank You!

grh
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

hi

the problem is that we don't know more about your backup drive
you say, simply, that it does not start any more...
Does the hdd drive still work, maybe it doesn't?
Tried a different hdd player, make a backup and test

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

The drive itself will work, it, apparently, just does not have a bootable track. Thanks for the reply, I do appreciate it.

grh
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.