Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I created 3 DVDs for recovery media.  I'd rather have it on USB drive.  How do I force it to run again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Did you actually try it again? Did it "block" you from completing the task?  If so, what is the exact text of the error-message?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Did you actually try it again? Did it "block" you from completing the task?  If so, what is the exact text of the error-message?

HP Recommended

Hi bmgordon

You can create HP Recovery media one time. 

You have some additional options. Backup the SWSETUP folder on the current Windows installation located on the C drive to external media. This folder contains all of the software and drivers HP included in the factory image.

Now you can install Windows 10 using a Microsoft image. Then you can install the required drivers and software from the SWSETUP folder you saved on external media to a new , reset, or fresh start Windows 10 installation.

You can also order HP recovery media. You can get another chance to create additional HP USB Recovery media after doing a factory install using the Recovery media HP provides. HP may provide USB Recovery media for your PC. So this would give you the media you want at purchase.

There are too many HP Pavilion 510 PC's made by HP to verify what type of recovery media you can purchase.

Pretty sure HP is now providing USB recovery media if your PC is fairly new.

Grzy

HP Recommended

> How do I force it to run again?

Use "System Restore" to "time-warp" your computer back to a system check-point taken before you did the first media-creation. Then, launch it again.

HP Recommended

I ran HP Recovery Media Creation and it says "Recover media was created on 2017-04-14. You are only allowed to create ONE set of recover media."   So I have 3 DVDs but I really wanted to put it on a USB drive.  

HP Recommended

Thanks.  I'll just live with the fact that it's on DVD instead of a USB drive.  My computer is running fine and hopefully I'll never need to use the recovery media.

HP Recommended

Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up!" for each response that was helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

This helps anyone else who reads this thread, and wants to find what worked for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.