Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Every computer I've had had a different way of accessing the BIOS. I just got an HP desktop M01-F2254 and can't find any information in the supporting materials about how to access the BIOS. Googling has only gotten me, "It varies from model to model." I use a disc to hold the rescue media for my Macrium Reflect in the event of an inoperable OS, and to use it, it's necessary to adjust the boot menu in order to boot from disc. Can someone provide some insight or point me where to go for the information?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is no need to change the boot order in the BIOS and is doubtful that doing so would make a difference because the Windows boot manager determines what device to boot from.

If you need to use your Macrium reflect rescue disk (I just did this the other day because I messed up my PC), you have to have the disk in the USB DVD drive, turn on or restart the PC.

Immediately tap the ESC key to get the menu of options.

Select the F9 boot options menu.

Then select the USB DVD drive from the list of items and press the Enter key.

The PC should boot from the Macrium Reflect rescue media.

If you ever have to get into the BIOS, after you tap the ESC key, you select the F10 Setup option and press the Enter key.

Now that PC's seem to come with no DVD drives, I may make the USB version of the Macrium rescue media and if I use a USB 3 flash drive, it will probably work faster.

It seems to take forever for the program to load via DVD.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is no need to change the boot order in the BIOS and is doubtful that doing so would make a difference because the Windows boot manager determines what device to boot from.

If you need to use your Macrium reflect rescue disk (I just did this the other day because I messed up my PC), you have to have the disk in the USB DVD drive, turn on or restart the PC.

Immediately tap the ESC key to get the menu of options.

Select the F9 boot options menu.

Then select the USB DVD drive from the list of items and press the Enter key.

The PC should boot from the Macrium Reflect rescue media.

If you ever have to get into the BIOS, after you tap the ESC key, you select the F10 Setup option and press the Enter key.

Now that PC's seem to come with no DVD drives, I may make the USB version of the Macrium rescue media and if I use a USB 3 flash drive, it will probably work faster.

It seems to take forever for the program to load via DVD.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul.  That's what I wanted to know. Yeah, my PC came without a disk drive (which took me by surprise).  I got the one you recommended to me back in May.  Old dog, new tricks, etc.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.