Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 700-074
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Anybody know how to correct?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@dlb915

Welcome to the HP Community

The error code 0x8000ffff means your Windows 10 is having update issues. This error usually appears after Windows updates and locks the Windows Store. Besides, it can crop up after your performing the system restore or when you try to install a newly downloaded app.

Let's run a Windows Update Troubleshooter.

Click on this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4027322/windows-update-troubleshooter for Windows Update Troubleshooter

Check Your Computer for Malware Infection

First and foremost, let’s find out whether your computer is malware-infected. Removing nefarious intruders will help you fix the 0x8000ffff issue and save your system from further damage.

Here are 3 easy ways to identify and handle malware infection:

Utilize Windows Defender

Windows Defender is a built-in antimalware tool. If it happens to be the only security solution installed on your computer, Windows Defender does its best to keep your Windows 10 safe. If you have another antivirus installed, Windows Defender is still at work performing occasional system scans.

Windows Defender will scan your PC for malware.

If an occasional scan is not enough, make use of a deep offline scan with Windows Defender:

1. Start menu -> Settings -> Update & Security
  2. Windows Defender -> Windows Defender Offline -> Scan Offline

Your computer will reboot, and then you will be able to check whether the issue has been resolved.

Run Your Main Antivirus Program

Scan your Windows 10 with your main antivirus solution in order to identify and remove all the malware issues from your computer.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I have an HP ENVY 7640e with the same error code 0x8000fff when trying to print.  I have completed all the steps listed - trouble shot windows, looked for any updates for both windows and the printer, and scanned and re-scanned the computer.  Nothing fixed the problem.  There are several Youtube videos which do mention the "Store" problems after updates.  However, I have no idea what that means in the context of the printer.  Should I follow up with their recommendations or just bring it in to be fixed?

Dan-2020

HP Recommended

@Dan-2020

I would suggest you reset Windows store cache and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows + R keys to open run window.

b. Type the following command in run and press Enter.

wsreset.exe

If it does not help, try disabling proxy and check. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + R keys, type inetcpl.cpl in run window and press Enter.

b. Click connections tab and then click LAN settings.

c. Click to uncheck "Use proxy server for your LAN" box.

d. Click okapply and ok.

Keep me posted how it goes 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.