Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion slimline
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have a Nikon COOLPIX S9400 digital camera, and I would like to recover deleted photos on the memory card

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@mark1958a 

Quite frankly, you probably will not be able to do that.  There are data recovery apps out there that can recovery deleted files from hard drives, but those apps, in general, do not work with memory cards.

There is no generic way to do this; instead, you have to go online and BUY an app that will recover files from memory cards.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hello
you can try several free software
some are actually designed for hard drive data recovery.
But it is possible for many of them, to recover what has been erased on SD card, usb key, external hard drive ...
everything will depend on how the card was erased, and especially if you have not rewritten data on it
The link here is in French, but you just have to see the websites of the software mentioned directly!

https://www.01net.com/astuces/les-meilleurs-logiciels-de-recuperation-de-donnees-584027.html

(example )

PC Inspector File Recovery

Capable of operating on both NTFS and FAT12 / 16/32 file systems, PC Inspector File Recovery is capable of recovering your deleted data from hard drives, USB drives, memory cards, etc.

for a maximum of chance of result try several free software

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.