maightoguy Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

How to unlock my bios advance setting bios version HP786G6 v01.17 For overclocking and unlocking

HP Compaq 6005 Pro SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

just need to unlock the sempron 145 for an extra core and maybe overclock PLS HELP I KNOW THE RISK

3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
72652 8814 18940
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

How to unlock my bios advance setting bios version HP786G6 v01.17 For overclocking and unlocking

Hi,

Welcome to HP Support Forum. Normally we can't unlock this "feature" because the very simple reason is: vondors don't want custmomers to send machines back due overheated.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Provost Provost
Provost
45783 4330 11010
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

If you want to improve performance, consider upgrading the processor.  Your installed Sempron processor is the lowest performing compatible processor.  

If you really want more cores, then upgrade to one of the compatible  AMD Phenom II quad core processors.

See the illustrated parts list in the manual at the following HP link to see the compatible processors with part numbers.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=4024563&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c01...

If you really want to say thanks, click on the Thumbs up icon .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

maightoguy Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

thanks for your respond ill just go for a new processor then

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation