Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 25L
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello guys I have a question , I bought new desktop pc before 2 weeks and I started to play New World yesterday but when I log in my fan starts to be louder and louder is that normal ? I’m not very familiar with these things i tried to google few things about temperature of CPU , GPU but still I’m not sure if it’s okay or not I will be happy if someone can help me with advices , because I don’t want to happen something to my Pc.

HP Omen 25L

• Intel® Core™ i5-10400F Processor
  • RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 2 TB HDD & 256 GB SSD
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6 GB

Here is image of my CPU and GPU when I run the game for a while.
Please if someone knows if this is normal or not and if it’s when I have to worried about my pc that something could happen during I’m playing.
Thanks!
( I’ve played yesterday on High settings , today I changed on Low but still same only fps increased a lot.)

Screenshot-7.png (1920×1080) (ibb.co)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

65 on the CPU isn't bad. 81 0n the GPU is kind of high, the GPU fan is running at 2695 rpm. I would say the fan noise is coming from the GPU. The CPU fan speed is N/A, do you have a liquid cooler on this system? Or NZXT CAM is looking for a liquid cooler but you have CPU air cooling.

Plus the GPU load is zero so I don't know what is happening in this instance?? The GPU load should show something if you were actively gaming when you took this screen shot. The GPU clock speed looks good, it is not throttling.

A 1660 Super should not run this hot.

You have a uATX case and limited case fan options. 

Nothing bad will happen with the temps you see but the system will be loud when you game.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.