Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Lost computer in storm. Brings up hp logo and spinning circles. That’s as far as it goes.  What can I do next?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Rjoyce81 

You first need to explain to us what "lost computer in a storm" means.  We need to know what happened to it, if we are to provide any assistance.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I have a similar problem with a Pavilion Desktop.

The diagnostic tests indicate a Short DST Check Failure

FAILURE ID: 0GBT23-8GKAAD-XD4F7F-60W803.

On some occasions the computer will complete the boot up and then freeze later.

Most times I get the HP logo and nothing else.

I have tried to use the hard drive as an external drive with SATA USB connection cable and also installing it as a second drive in another computer - neither were successful.

Cheers

HP Recommended

@douggieboy   you should start another thread as your problem is different.

However, the hard drive is failing and needs to be replaced.  That will mean reinstalling Windows and all other needed software to the new hard drive.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

we know what that means it means Lightning damage ( I had to solve those problems for years)

NO PC told no  model nor the key , product # is , nnnnnnnABA#

but if not a wreck after lightning hits, far hits can survive but not close hits, to say homes AC power service entry.?

or on Cable modem BOOM. smoke.

first is to unplug the PC and do that hard cold reset.

from wall no AC cord attached,

push the power button 3 times to discharge all caps, then.....

let PC sit for 1 hour,.  this magic can unlatch all chips in the PC that did latch up protecting itself from ESD or Lightning hits.

BY DESIGN.

then put back AC cord and test the PC

if  spinning circle , next up is cold boot PC three times, this is MS magic 3 times rule, to run automatic w10  diagnostics.

if fails still? if it tells you to do steps then , do them. MS dot com explains this process for sure,.

power on again and hammer ESC and find the HP diagnostics and run that.  (no pc told no way for me to help)

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

or did you mean lights went out  in the home, and now desktop went dead, and now dirty bit set. ( boot 3 times is cure)

or means Dorothy had the PC sucked up in Tornado funnel cone?. RIP one PC.🤡"lost" sorry my bad.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your advice/s.

Yes a new SD has been ordered.

Cheers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.