Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 20-b313w All-in-One Desktop
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

General Specifications: HP Pavilion 20-b313w All-in-One Desktop
MicroProcessor: AMD E1-2500 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics   
System Memory: 4GB - Memory Slot1: 4GB Micron 1600MHz
System Motherboard: 2AFD 1.02
System BIOS: 80.08
Windows (C:): 398GB free of 452GB
Recovery Image (D:): 1.41GB free of 11.6GB
  VIDEO
Graphic Device 1: AMD Radeon HD 8200 / R3 Series
Current Resolution: 1600 x 900
Refresh Rate: 60
Version: 21.19.407.0 (12/23/2016)
Graphics Memory: 2,038 MB
Aero Status: Enabled
  AUDIO
Device 1: Realtek High Definition Audio
Driver: RTKVHD64.sys
Version: 6.0.1.7027
  POWER
Power Source: A/C power
Power Plan: Balanced
  DRIVERS AND SOME SOFTWARE
Google Chrome  -  Google Inc.  -  68.0.3440.106
Mozilla Firefox 61.0.2 (x64 en-US)  -  Mozilla  -  61.0.2
Adobe Flash Player 30 NPAPI  -  Adobe Systems Incorporated  -  30.0.0.113
AMD Software  -  Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.  -  9.0.000.8
Qualcomm Atheros Driver Installation Program  -  Qualcomm Atheros  -  10.0
Realtek Card Reader  -  Realtek Semiconductor Corp.  -  6.2.9200.29068
Realtek Card Reader  -  Realtek Semiconductor Corp.  -  6.2.9200.29064
Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver  -  Realtek  -  8.20.815.2013
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver  -  Realtek Semiconductor Corp.  -  6.0.1.7027
  All of the above information came from my HP Support Assistant, if you would like information

provided from a different source please let me know.
 My problem is for over a month I have been trying to figure out why my Hidden City game on

Facebook suddenly became slow. I have also been experiencing issues with my computer lagging for

no reason that I can see. I thought it was malware and asked for assistance at

BleepingComputer,com and my system is clean. I have performed troubleshooters by following a list

of instructions on the AMD website and HP Support website and nothing has worked. I recently

realized I never checked the system requirements for the Facebook version of the game, so I asked

and was given the following information.
Please be informed that the system requirements for playing Hidden City on Facebook are the

following:
Chromium 57
Firefox 52
Edge 16
Safari 11
The game should work in private browser mode.
In addition to the browser, the game should work fine in the Facebook Gameroom application, which

minimal requirements correspond to the requirements for Chromium 57.
Requirements for the computer:
Processor: 1 GHz or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2
RAM: 1 GB (32 bit) or 2 GB (64 bit)
Graphics Card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
??? Facebook Gameroom ????? Windows 7 and higher. Please try to perform the following steps in

order to overcome the issue:
• Clearing your browser cache and cookies.
• Reinstalling/updating to the latest version of Adobe Flash Player

(https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/) (IMPORTANT: after reinstalling/updating Adobe Flash Player,

you must restart your browser).
  My computer meets all of the system requirements. When I checked for my DirectX version it's

DirectX 11. I also realized that I might have installed the wrong driver update from the AMD

website or I did not install it correctly even though I did a clean install. So I need help

finding the correct driver updates for my computer. I also found out from the Dxdiag that my AMD

driver is WHQL Logo'd, so I think that means my product isn't a legacy and I can install the non

beta version of AMD Radeon. My sound driver is also WHQL Logo'd.
So how do I get the correct graphics driver for my computer?
Do I also need to update my audio driver with it, and how do I do that?
When I download and install the AMD Radoen driver am I suppose to also install the Optional AMD

Chipset driver too?
I am fully aware of the HP Support Software and Drivers page. I looked at all of that last year

when i had the problem with my graphics driver being out of date. That page has been useless for

me because it's outdated updates from 2013 and I checked for the spXXXXX.exe files on my computer

and I already have all of them. I also don't know if I should allow Windows Update to download and

install drivers. I've read I shouldn't because it has a habit of installing old drivers, and I

read Windows 8.1 and 10 users should. I have that feature turned off and after I installed the AMD

driver I currently have, Windows Update tried to download AMD Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 - AMD

Radeon HD 8240 released in 2013. Since I was having problems again I decided maybe my current

graphics needs that since it says adapter not driver but when I installed it, it uninstalled the

AMD Radeon I had. So as you can see I'm very confused and need step by step instructions on how to

accomplish getting and installing the correct graphics driver I need and anything that is suppose

to go with it. I know I said a lot so if you need me to explain what I mean or need in a different

way please let me know and I will follow your outline/instructions. Thank you for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You can do the windows updates, but I don't think it is absolutely necessary.

If you want to install the AMD chipset driver, that is also fine, but install the chipset driver first, and restart the PC, before installing the graphics driver I posted.

You want the 1st file listed on the webpage.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy4&os=Windows%208.1%20-%2064

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

Download and install the latest AMD graphics driver AMD has for the graphics adapter your PC has.

Restart the PC after installing the driver.  You want the first file listed on the webpage.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/apu?os=Windows%208.1%20-%2064

To install the driver after you download the driver, double-click to run it and follow the on screen instructions.

The driver should install automatically.  Select the automatic install (maybe called express install), not the custom install.

You do not need to install any other drivers.

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying, I just have 2 questions. First, I'm sorry I forgot to state that I already have the Crimson download you linked me to. Unfornately I'm not understanding correctly how driver updates work. So before I proceed with a clean install of Crimson, could you please let me know if I'm correct about one of the steps? Here is the link I found on "how to" (https://community.amd.com/thread/180667). It says before installing any AMD driver,  Windows needs to be fully updated. I have my computer set for Windows Update to not install drivers. Should I enable Windows Update to install drivers then have it check for updates and allow any drivers it finds (like the AMD Adapter) to be installed, then install Crimson again? My other question is should I install the optional AMD Chipset along with Crimson since my computer has 2CPUs  graphics card and chipset? Again thank you for your time. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You can do the windows updates, but I don't think it is absolutely necessary.

If you want to install the AMD chipset driver, that is also fine, but install the chipset driver first, and restart the PC, before installing the graphics driver I posted.

You want the 1st file listed on the webpage.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy4&os=Windows%208.1%20-%2064

HP Recommended

> I am fully aware of the HP Support Software and Drivers page.

> I looked at all of that last year when i had the problem with my graphics driver being out of date.

> That page has been useless for me because it's outdated updates from 2013

Windows 10 was released to the public in 2015. 

So, to me, it makes sense that HP would stop developing/updating device-drivers for your computer in 2013 or 2014, as they invested their time in updating their device-drivers for a "pre-release" version of Windows 10.

> I also don't know if I should allow Windows Update to download and install drivers.

I am guessing that the developers of the game have not blocked those updates on their own computers, because "Joe Average User" would not know enough about Windows Update to block those updates, and the developers of the game would be "targeting" that "Josephine Average" user, to ensure that their game runs on the "average" Windows 8.1 system.

> I've read I shouldn't because it has a habit of installing old drivers, and I read Windows 8.1 and 10 users should.

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Some people prefer to download & install the "latest-release" of the "reference" device-drivers from the motherboard manufacturer, rather than installing the HP (or Microsoft) customized versions based upon an "older" reference driver.

Whether that is good, or is bad, I do not know.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help Paul. I just finished clean installing the Chipset and the Crimson driver and so far all is well. This time when I installed the Crimson driver I skipped installing the Radeon Relive. I hope I am correct in thinking that I don't need it because it's only for game recording? Also, is the Radoen Settings connected to my default web browser? I'm asking because after I changed the web content preference in the Radeon Settings, it began to behave funky like my Internet Explorer 11. Sometimes when I open IE 11 or open a web page like Facebook, a message shows that IE is not responding then it goes away and the page loads. The Radeon Settings started doing the same thing after the preference change. Anyway, I remember seeing Chrome in the notes for Crimson so I was thinking maybe I should make that my default browser or Mozilla Firefox since IE 11 is misbehaving. Thank you again for your time and sharing your knowledge to help me. After the 2 questions in this reply I guess I'm all done.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to answer either of your follow up questions.

HP Recommended

Ok. I still thank you, thank you, thank you for your kindness. I truly appreciate you sharing your time and knowledge with me and may all of your days be blessed. Take care

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, and I wish the same for you.

Cheers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.