Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-e0000 (2V8Z6AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi,

i want to update my bios because i have sometimes driver issues.

Whenever i try to update the bios, the bios shows me this message "Unable to get BIOS informaton from system or image file" and then says that bios update failed.

I hope i'll get help because i have a lot of problems with my hp Victus 16 and i have to sit hours and hours on my desk to solve these stupid problems.

And that is the last time i'll buy an HP Laptop 

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @yusuf777 

My pleasure.

Good to see the BIOS update installed correctly.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @yusuf777 

Welcome to the HP Forum.

A BIOS update may or may not fix driver problems. Please describe the driver problems you are having.

The latest W11 BIOS update for your PC can be downloaded at this HP Site.

Run the downloaded execution file to see if it will update the BIOS.

I would contact HP Support if the PC is in warranty and you can't update the BIOS and/or fix the driver problems. You might have a hardware problem.

Opinions or troubleshooting suggestions in this response are provided independently. I am not employed by: HP, Inc. or the HP Forum.

Regards

HP Recommended

hi,

thank you for your fast response!

but i couldn't download the bios because it shows me this message.

And i don't have any driver issues anymore because i fixed all the problems, i want to install the latest bios because i want more performance and security.

yusuf777_0-1704303043776.png

HP Recommended

Hi @yusuf777 

My pleasure.

Thanks for the image in your response.

A different Forum member is also having the same "not enough free disk space" error using a different HP product. I don't know if this is significant or coincidental.

You could try to create the HP USB BIOS recovery drive (option 2) available using the HP Update and Recovery Utility.

Could be a HP problem; the BIOS update is faulty and should not be run on the PC. Wait for the next BIOS update.

Check this HP video on how to update the BIOS using the HP USB BIOS Update flash drive.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi

I did it with the usb recovery option and it worked.

Now my laptop's performance is more stable.

Thank you a lot for your help

HP Recommended

Hi @yusuf777 

My pleasure.

Good to see the BIOS update installed correctly.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.