Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN 25L Desktop PC GT11-1000i (ID 1N3Y8AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hey, i recently upgraded from 16 gb to 32 gb ram. my ram speed before upgrading was 3200 and when i upgraded to 32 gb it went down to 2400 mz. i tried going into bios to find the advanced option to try and change it, but there were no such option to change the speed.

Important to note that i mixed the 16 gb ram with the ones already in the desktop. i now have 32 gb with 2400 mz, but i want 32, gb with 3200. i checked and the old and the new one are both 3200, but still runs on 2400 and there is no way to change it. help please

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi

You have an Intel CPU. HP locks the BIOS for overclocking RAM or the CPU.

The new RAM is not going to run at 3200 without XMP options in the BIOS. 

You would probably have to buy HP RAM if you want 3200 on all RAM.

You could check this site for HP memory https://parts.hp.com/hppartsIGSO/Default.aspx?from=ERP&mscssid=&cc=US&lang=EN&jumpid=  You will have to get the memory part number from the existing HP memory installed in your MB.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.