Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is this spoofing or the real thing?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @karen210

Welcome to the HP Support Community. To assist you better, which HP device are you using?

If you have a HP PC, Install updates using HP Support Assistant which is the safe and secure method.

1. In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar0307.  Yes, I have Support Assistant.  However I got no reply even near to my problem.  I got a small black pop-up saying I needed to update my Control Display, but on Assistant there is nothing about that update, so I wondered if it was spoofing.  I could not get an answer so went to Community.  But since then I haven't had the box again.  If I get it again I will again ignore it, and go by the Assistant for updates.

Thanks for your reply

HP Recommended

@karen210

The pop-ups may be Adwares/spams. Kindly do not click on it to update drivers on the PC. To update the drivers, you may use HPSA or go to HP Support site. You may run an anti-virus program on the PC to remove/diagnose any possible virus on the PC.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I find it strange that others have had this problem, and some say not to click and some say its safe from HP.  Confusing.

Anyway, I have not had the popup since I posted so will ignore it.

Thanks for your help, Kumar0307

HP Recommended

@karen210

Glad to know that the issue has not reoccured. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.