cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roberto56
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I get no audio when I plug my headset to the front of my tower.

HP Recommended
Pavilion Desktop 570-p020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I plug a headset to the front of the tower I get no audio. I recently had my tower serviced at Micro Center where I had purchased it because it had been hacked. How do I get to hear the audio? 

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,636 32,536 2,958 7,267
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Roberto56 

I deal all the time with Microcenter locally and they are generally very good -- but you always have exceptions.

What they MIGHT have done is reimage your Windows with a non-HP-OEM version, and it that case, it would NOT have any of the HP drivers it needs for the hardware to work properly.

First thing I would do is take this back to Microcenter and talk to a Service Manager to find out, in detail, what they did.  IF your PC came with an HP OEM version of Windows preloaded, then you are ENTITLED to have the same thing BACK again.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation