cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daddy62
6 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

I have bought a replacement HP 300 - 1020 TouchSmart without an OS. Can repair discs load HP?

HP Recommended
HP 300 Touchsmart

My original HP TouchSmart 300-1020, which I bought new in 2011 with repair discs included, has died of motherboard issues. I have bought a  refurbished replacement that does not include an OS. It is registered and has Windows 10.

How do I get it to read the repair discs when it does not appear to have a driver to read DVD's but will play music? Thank you in advance for any assistance.

3 REPLIES 3
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,734 32,634 2,971 7,292
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@daddy62 

You said the refurb does not have an OS but then you said it has Win10.  So which is it?

Also you said it does not have a DVD driver -- you mean DVD drive?

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
daddy62
Author
6 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I sent more details but did not get a workable answer yet. Thank you.

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,734 32,634 2,971 7,292
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@daddy62 

You said you "sent more details" -- but you did not answer my questions or provide any more info on this thread.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation