Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion TP01-1026
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have not found any guidance on the Internet telling me whether I can Extend the screen to a second display by using a splitter cable. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@BoulderBill 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06676503

It has Baker motherboard which have following ports at the back

• (1) RJ-45 Ethernet port
  • (1) HDMI 1.4b/HDCP 2.2 port
  • (1) VGA port
  • (3) Audio ports
  • (4) USB 2.0 Type-A ports
  • (1) Power input port

You can connect 2 monitors one HDMI and one VGA and use them (extend) at the same time.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

splinter goes 2 same screens same both. THAT?

are you wanting canvas mode??? sure extend, side by side split viewed. not mirror mode.

the topic  is with out end googled;.

but I get mixing up  VGA with HDMI will not look good.  work yes, looks bad. no monitors told.....

the best PC or PGU card,  is DP that allows DP daisy chain mode

use google to see what other do first,  USAGE and real examples  first.

is your PC really 32bit, I bet not w10 -32 bit, click start and do control panel, and click SYSTEM i but it says 64bit there.

right?   HP spec clearly shows,  sold new 64bit !

this?

extend.png

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.