Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15.6 inch Laptop PC 15-fd0000 (794H8AV)

I just got this computer and my photos, documents and downloads did not transfer from my old laptop. Where are they. How do I get them on my new computer?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If your old system was using OneDrive then those items are stored in the Cloud. You just need to log into your OneDrive account

How do I log into my OneDrive?
Go to https://onedrive.com, and select Sign in at the top of the page. Enter your Microsoft account using the email that you used to activate windows.

Let me know if a problem.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

How could you expect images and other data to transfer all by themselves to your new PC?

That is an odd expectation.

You will need a USB storage device, a USB flash drive or external hard disk to put them on. 

Plug it into  a USB port of the old PC and copy the files to the storage device.

Connect the storage device into a USB port of the new PC and copy them to wherever you want them to be in the directory structure of your new PC.   

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.