Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Can someone please give a phone number i can talk to a live rep?  Thank you 

HP Recommended

I'm unable to help with the phone number at the moment as I am not familiar with the website or HP Support.

But just wanted to mention for now that (in my case, might be different for you) clean-installing Windows 10 using a bootable usb made by the Microsoft Media Creation Tool worked a lot better for me (smooth window dragging, etc) than reinstalling through a HP Recovery USB.

If you do updates, all of your important software (HP Audio control, command center, etc etc) will reinstall anyway. So there's really no point in attempting to perform a HP Recovery, since all you'll end up with is a system that feels a lot slower and more bogged down and filled to the brim with OEM bloatware (once again, in my case, might be different for you) than simply a clean installation of Windows 10.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: I am not a HP Employee, so take some of my advice with a grain of salt, I can and will help people the best I can however when I'm available.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for your kind willing to help, sharing the experience. I did tried the way you mentioned - enabled the Legacy Boot, and boot from the USB Drive (Non-UEFI option), however the result was the same as I mentioned previously.

Today I received your second advice, thank you! Below I copied your letter in [], followed by my question/comment (in red😞

[I'm unable to help with the phone number at the moment as I am not familiar with the website or HP Support.]

The request for the phone number was not from me, but a new member.

[But just wanted to mention for now that (in my case, might be different for you) clean-installing Windows 10 using a bootable usb made by the Microsoft Media Creation Tool worked a lot better for me (smooth window dragging, etc) than reinstalling through a HP Recovery USB.]

I would definitely like to try this, just have some question (please see the paragraph below)

[If you do updates, all of your important software (HP Audio control, command center, etc etc) will reinstall anyway. So there's really no point in attempting to perform a HP Recovery, since all you'll end up with is a system that feels a lot slower and more bogged down and filled to the brim with OEM bloatware (once again, in my case, might be different for you) than simply a clean installation of Windows 10.]

I completely agree with your opinion. However suppose I can successfully download Window 10, make a bootable usb, and install it to my hp all-in-one computer, how can I get all required drivers to make the rest work (question to your words in Bold above)? Since a few days ago, I was surprised to receive an email from  an hp support agent, it says, "I regret to inform you that your unit has reached End of Support Life, which means that HP no longer has access to recovery discs, hardware or software for your system...." This makes me worry about drivers after installation of the OS.

HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for your thoughts, and you are definitely correct - when I looked back the BIOS, I found the BIOS version was updated in 2018, while I bought the machine in 2016 and have never sent it out for service! So the FB, Feature Bytes might have been modified by somebody, most probably hp through on line in some way, in which the recovery failure resulted. 

HP Recommended

Performing a system recovery or reset can resolve issues by returning WalmartOne your computer to a previous or original configuration. Confirm if other system recovery options work with your computer, and then order recovery media on CDs, DVDs, or a USB drive if necessary.

HP Recommended

I see this isn’t been updated. Did you ever find a fix? I’m stuck on the blue screen saying “the recovery attempt has failed.” I ordered the recovery kit from HP. Also, no parts have ever been repaired on my computer so I’m not sure what’s going on? 

HP Recommended

What is WalmartOne? I clicked it but got no response.

HP Recommended

No, I did not find a fix. Sorry to know you met similar problem. Wish you a better luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.