Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Linux

I got this computer from a friend and it had Linux booted on it, i really wanted windows 10 so i got it from the Microsoft website and put it on my SD card... 

(SD card doesn't include micro SD) and i have have no idea what i'm talking about so go easy on me.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@madebymichael 

First of all, HOW did you load Win10 onto an SD card?  Asking, because I don't recall the Microsoft Tool allowing you to designate an SD card to use to create Win10 install media. If you simply downloaded the ISO file and copied that file to the SD card, that will NOT work.

Second, pressing F9 while you reboot will give you a list of boot options.  If your SD card is inserted at the time and it is not shown, then you will NOT be able to boot from it -- and that is usually the case with SD cards.

You would do better creating Win10 install media on a USB stick -- as nearly all recent PCs can boot from that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.