cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mthembest
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I've been trying to pesonalize my screen resolution and the screen is now showing blue screen with v

HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 6530Recover
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

How to solve the problem of invalid format on my computer 

1 REPLY 1
savvy2
Level 7
1,432 1,383 40 124
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

w10 32bit is it really true? just installed that it?

Pavilion 6530 ( off service tag , no A , no suffix codes or model codes: product #  zzzzzzzz#ABA?

first hit (did you leave the A prefix off?) 

or is this laptop 6530  NO A.

this forum pages is desktops only so I can only ASSUME you left off the ":A" prefix, oK>😉

HP Pavilion a6530f Desktop PC  ( I will run with DESKTOPS not lap)

so old has 10-base-T Ethernet and has 56kmodem (dial up)

AMD Phenom X3 8450 (yes some do run w10 I have done it) hard work, finding missing drives .

My wild guess is you  found this old PC and attempted to installed W10 -32bit and it failed?

well it is too old, but that being said, the newer CPU's do work here if the correct stepping versions or most newest ones.

I have an  X2 AMD running, ! (we tested w10 on)

the screen question is easy if I guess your 2007 or older PC correctly (wrong driver)

when you install w10 to any old machine this old (i have to 2005 oldest of all) it fails fails hard, at install

or just loads

the if it loads at all , you then see the GPU is not supported in the device manager (buy a newer GPU card, is cure)

the Device manager now uses special words to denote LIMP MODE , I love it.

LIMP is cool it makes the GPU run a tiny lame bit (no BSODs no dead screen is cool)

PC shows in device manager  under DISPLAY ADAPTERS as  MBDA  driver, this a limphome crippleware driver, from Microsoft (MS) but is very cool with screen not dead sure.(like w7 back)

all very early Intel IGPU are now not supported, ask for list but this PC is AMD + Nvidia.

this is a hard to answer post, I can not see rear of your PC or inside nor  its full  service tag ,sans serial

so can not wax super smart lacking those facts.

I do know my drivers well,  and w10 installer rules.

first off the HP web site told you no w10 support on relic PC, but like me 😁 rules do not stop me, I DO it. and cure it.

I even upgrade CPU and add a correct  even dirt cheap GPU card,  even $10 cards can work ask for my list.

Dead Lan, dead sound and more, (dead means both dead or  lame, dig?  but gee all can be replaced easy and cheap)

a6530  has Integrated graphics using nVidia GeForce 6150SE (onboard GPU)

the GPU  driver is at , drum roll, nVIDIA.com .. ... here it is. w10.

if x16 cards is there tell me what card, GPU>,, maker and model.

if I guessed your PC wrong, tell  me,  I can not read your service tag not see you X16 slot ,empty or now.  SORRY.🤔

photos of rear of  PC are like wow,  he as  GPU card there and omg it is a real DESKTOP.

PS: I do not know all A6530x  (x letter codes and options there,   not me but none told)  but can google and find it I can.

that is it from the peanut gallery. good luck

NO warranty answers by me.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation