Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP RP5
Linux

15 I removed disks and reformatted. Changed boot sequence. On restart recovery diagnostics start.

This is the only 1 of 7 that has caused problems. PCs donated by pharmacy for charity but disks must be wiped of personal data and business apps.  Easy solution so far has been to format disks and boot with USB flash drive containing Ubuntu. So far no need to change boot sequence.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Jimbobz13 

Are you asking here for tech support?

IF so, sorry we can't provide that for two reasons:

1) Linux -- we are not equipped to provide detailed Linux support here. For that, you would have to go the the support forum for the Linux distro you are using.

2) Commercial systems -- we only provide support here for Consumer equipment.  You would have to contact the HP Enterprise organization for support for commercial systems.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

They were corporate pcs, but now donated for charity purposes. 

I am unpaid volunteer trying to load up os.

I have ubuntu as well as w7 pro on usb flash drive.  But can't get past auto fix to load os.

Recipient can then stay with linux or buy win10 licence.

If I selected the wrong group can you pleas advise which one would be appropriate as I am a new member.

Regards.

HP Recommended

@Jimbobz13 

I understand -- but as I said, this forum is not equipped to provide detailed Linux support; instead, we provide Windows support.

Installing Linux on newer PCs poses a variety of issues, none of which we are prepared to address or solve.  It's not a matter of posting in the right section.

In your case, you need to contact the Ubuntu Forums: http://ubuntuforums.org/

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Ok. Change of tack. 

I now want to install Windows from boot usb.

Still have same roadblock.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.