Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion HPE h8-1301ex Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have "HP Pavilion HPE h8-1301ex Desktop PC". operating Windows 7.  Warranty expired 2013.

I want to restore it to factory settings, but I lost the disc that comes with the PC when purchased.

I tried using recovery, but it only allows me to restore a specific backup.

What do I do?

Note: I do not have Recovery Manager software by HP. will it help me in this case ? How can I download it ?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello
have you installed another version of windows?
do you know if the recovery partition is still present?

Performing an HP System Recovery
It may not be possible to reinstall the computer, in factory version, if you no longer have the DVD!
We cannot re-download all the system and the drives may not be on sale anymore.
Some sites can offer it, but beware!

Obtaining PC Recovery USB Drives or Discs
if not, you can use the same version as the original, to reinstall the system, if you still have the key on the box, then download everything!

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-hpe-h8-1300-desktop-pc-series/5258496/m...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.