Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barrio
Level 1
7 3 0 2
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

If I reset my PC, do I lose my Win 10 Pro upgrade?

HP Recommended
Pavilion 23-h017c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer is ultra slow. Have used HP Support Assistant (no results), Operating System Diagnosis. It takes forever to boot my computer. Would like to try Reset but do not want to lose the Windows 10 Pro upgrade I downloaded. I was never furnished a key to reset or redownload  Windows 10 Pro. HELP!

Also, a chat screen came up while I was on Norton. Because I was having that issue with my computer I chatted with him. He said he was a Cisco Certified Technician who works for Norton. He was given access to my computer while I watched, but I really don't think he accomplished anything in a total of 3-1/2 hours.

1 REPLY 1
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,850 92,727 12,006 25,602
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Barrio 

No, the valid Windows 10 Pro is embedded in the BIOS of your machine. You can clean install many times. You can keep the Windows 10 Pro key in a safe place and re-use IF REQUIRED.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation