Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy Phoenix 810-130qe
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I recently installed Windows 7 on a dual boot on my computer. I have all the drivers but the one 

PCI Simple Communication Controller

The hardware IDs came up with the Intel Managment Engine. It refused to install. I used the HP driver thing to look for the driver, it found it, and downloaded it, and it refused as well.

I dont know what to do about it. I tried taking the driver file from windows 10 and putting it into the drivers folder for windows 7 but it still is listed as unknown in device manager.

What else can I try?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Is this the driver you tried?  If not, give it a go...

This package provides the driver for the Intel Management Engine Interface solutions in supported models that are running a supported operating system.

9.0.0.1287 Rev. A  Jan 23, 2014

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65001-65500/sp65135.exe

If that driver doesn't work, try the automatic driver search from the PCI Simple Comms Controller device in the device manager.  You have to be connected to the internet.  Many times Windows Update will find the driver you need that way.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

Is this the driver you tried?  If not, give it a go...

This package provides the driver for the Intel Management Engine Interface solutions in supported models that are running a supported operating system.

9.0.0.1287 Rev. A  Jan 23, 2014

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65001-65500/sp65135.exe

If that driver doesn't work, try the automatic driver search from the PCI Simple Comms Controller device in the device manager.  You have to be connected to the internet.  Many times Windows Update will find the driver you need that way.

HP Recommended

That worked. wow thanks.

Can I ask a totally unrelated question?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Please ask your question, but unless it has something to do with drivers for your PC, I probably can't be of much help.

Feel free to start a new topic and perhaps someone else will be able to help you if I can't.

HP Recommended

Power supply.

I was wondering if I could put a GTX 1060 to replace the GTX 760 I have now.

It will fit into the PCI slot but Im wondering if the power supply can deal with it.

Im not sure how much power the system is using now. The Supply says up to 600W

HP Recommended

According to the specs from Nvidia on that model card, it doesn't appear that you would need to change the power supply as long as it currently has the supplemental 6 pin power connector.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-1060/specifications

What I don't know is if that new of a card will work in your PC. 

Since the GTX 760 works, perhaps the 1060 would too, but I could not say for sure.

HP Recommended

I know it will fit into the PCI Express slot. When I last took it apart to do the dusting stuff, I pulled the graphic card out, it was a 6 pin connector. 

Im thinking of transplanting the hardware into a new case. I hope there are no special mounts for this the hardware. 

My warrenty is already out so dont worry.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.